The Presbyterian Church of Western Springs is looking for a nurturing adult (18 year and over) to care for our infants- young children, Sunday mornings 9-11 am and periodically at other times. The Childcare Attendant’s primary responsibility is to provide attentive care to the needs of our infants-young children while maintaining an enthusiastic and safe environment.
Ideally all applicants must have child care experience and completion of First Aid Certification a plus. Finalists must also successfully clear a criminal background check and be approved under the PCWS Safe Space Policy. Additional hours may be offered during evenings, weekdays or weekend events, which the Childcare Attendant will be invited to work.
If you are interested in this paid position, please complete our application.
The Presbyterian Church of Western Springs is looking for responsible Youth or Adults to maintain our building.
The sexton is responsible for keeping the church building clean and assembling various setups. S/he will work with the Director of Operations on maintaining the building for the purposes of the cleanliness, community outreach, and hospitality.
- General Commercial Cleaning requires cleaning and sanitizing the bathrooms, kitchen, and nursery. It is also expected that sextons will clean all classrooms and offices. In addition, a deep cleaning by moping, vacuuming and carpet cleaning is necessary to promote cleanliness and health environments.
- On Mondays through Friday, the sextons are required to do a general commercial cleaning and sanitation. Based on the weekly schedule, sextons will be required to set-up and take down set-ups as needed and prepare for Sunday Morning Services.
- On Saturday, the sextons are required to work on a need-to-work basis (i.e. weddings, funerals, church gathering, etc.).
- On Sunday, the sextons are required to do a general commercial cleaning, which allows the church to prepare for weekly events. Based on the weekly schedule, sextons will be required to set-up and take down set-ups as needed. During the winter seasons, sextons are required to shovel and salt the church to ensure public and community safety.
- Throughout the year, there are specialized jobs, which allow our church to be prepared for seasons or specialized events. The Director of Operation will provide a schedule in advance on when these jobs will need to be completed.
Applicant must be able to work three to four days a week, which includes Sundays, holidays and church events.