Music is so integral in the life of the PCWS congregation, in worship as well as in other areas of activity in the life of our church. Both choral and instrumental participation are active components of our music ministry. We welcome new singers and ringers most warmly! Speak with our music ministry staff about sharing your gift of music with our church and we will help you find a place to share your musical talent!
Chancel Choir is open to any person ages 14 and up and does not require any previous singing ability. If you can read, you can sing!!! The choir sings a wide variety of musical styles.
- The Chancel Choir sings 2-3 times a month in worship during the months of September through May.
- Rehearsals are Thursday evenings, 6:30-7:30 on select Thursday nights. (Check the Church Calendar for rehearsal schedule)
Handbell Choir is open to ages 13 and up and meets for 3-4 weeks prior to playing in the fall and the spring. Smaller handbell ensembles will be forming soon.
- You do not need to know how to read music, just the desire to come ring the bells in fellowship with the other choir members.
- The Handbell Choir plays twice a year during worship.
The No-Name Band is under the leadership of Kami Booth, is open to any person ages 13 and up and does not require any previous singing ability.
- The band performs mostly contemporary praise choruses and songs and features guitars, bass, drums, keyboards, and vocalists.
- The No-Name Band leads the music in worship, 2-3 times a year. If interested, please contact Kami Booth through the church office.
Vocal and or Instrumental Soloists and/or ensembles
If you have special talents in these areas, please let us know. Praising God through music is one of the greatest gifts we can share.
Music in the summer months (June, July and August) continues with soloists and small ensembles, giving our choirs a well-deserved rest.
Please contact Stephanie Coates for more information about Music Ministry at PCWS.